- What’s On
Buy a stand-alone digital subscription and get unlimited access to dozens of back issues for just £18.99 / $18.99 a year.
Print subscribers automatically receive FREE access to the digital archive.
Please register at www.exacteditions.com/digital/cornucopia with your subscriber account number or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The project should relate to any of the subject areas covered by the sponsoring journals:
HALI www.hali.com and CORNUCOPIA www.cornucopia.net
These areas include textile arts of all cultures and periods (Halı) and the art, archaeology, history and heritage of civilizations in Turkey (Cornucopia). As long as it pertains to one of these subject areas, there is no restriction on geographic location or time period.
Research areas include, but are not limited to:
- textile arts of East Asia, the Indian subcontinent, Central Asia, the Caucasus, the MiddleEast, Africa, Europe, and the Americas
- Islamic textiles from all periods and geographies
- textile collections around the world
- contemporary and historical textile production and conservation
- Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Turkish art and history
- archaeology from the earliest prehistoric times through the Bronze and Iron Ages, the Classical, Byzantine, and Ottoman periods, and into contemporary times
- the history of cuisine in Anatolia and neighbouring regions
- the cultural heritage of modern Turkey
- the influence of Turkish art and culture in other regions of the world
Winners will be invited to contribute a blog post or article to either journal when the project ends. (Halı and Cornucopia reserve the right to publish the award results.)
Applications should be short and outline the project in no more than 500 words, with up to 4 images (max 250 kb each) accompanied by your age,anticipated results, and contact address.
The award can be used for travel, material expenses and sustenance whilst the research is underway. Priority will be given to projects which would not easily find funding and which display originality.
Entries are judged on the following criteria:
Presentation of the application
Worthiness of the subject
Likeliness to produce results
Appeal to Halı or Cornucopia readers of the resulting print article
Also considered is how the prize money would contribute to the project
Return to Ancient & Modern
Cornucopia has joined forces with the digital publishing platform Exact Editions to offer individual and institutional subscribers unlimited access to a searchable archive of fascinating back issues and every newly published issue. This brand new resource is available cross-platform on web, iOS and Android and offers a comprehensive search function, allowing the title’s cultural content to be delved into at the touch of a button.
Digital Subscription: £18.99 / $18.99 (1 year)Subscribe now